If you are looking for an invigorating activity and a fun opportunity to enjoy the outdoors, you have come to the right place! Canoe rental at RiversEdge Canoe & Kayak Outfitters provides you with everything you need to enjoy a great adventure on the Little Miami River. RiversEdge is a family business, owned and operated by two generations of river sport enthusiasts. Our goal is to provide you with the best canoe rental and excursion experience at an affordable price. We work hard to offer you the absolute best equipment and facilities, along with quality service that reflects years of canoe rental experience. RiversEdge canoe rental includes:
- Use of our higher quality canoes, paddles, and life jackets
- Transportation to starting point at the start of the trip, so you can take your time floating back to where your car is parked and not worry about waiting to get picked up after trip
- Use of picnic areas at no additional cost
- Plenty of amazing scenery on the State and National Scenic Little Miami River where fun memories are made
Making the Most of Your Canoe Rental ExperienceBefore embarking on your canoe rental adventure, it is a good idea to familiarize yourself with canoe safety. RiversEdge prepares you for your canoeing experience with the proper equipment. Additionally, it is important to familiarize yourself with canoeing terminology and possible situations you may encounter such as:
- Current – Current refers to the flow of the water. It can range from calm and slow to fast and turbulent, depending on volume, depth, and channel width.
- Current is directly affected by the rivel level which we monitor ever day using National Water Information System tool provided by the United States Geological Survey (USGS). Learn what river levels can mean for your next adventure by reading out informative blog post: What Do River Levels Mean for Canoe and Kayak Rental.
- Rapids – When water flows over an obstruction, such as boulders below the surface, rapids occur.
- Sweeper –Low hanging branches that can sweep a paddler from the boat are called sweepers.
- Strainer – Strainers objects under the water, such as branches or rock ledges. They can act like a sieve that keeps objects and people from passing through.