In this video, RiversEdge staff talks about kayak rentals on the Little Miami River.
Kayak RentalReady for an amazing kayak river adventure? You have come to the right place! Kayak rental at RiversEdge Outfitters Canoe & Kayak equips you with everything you need to enjoy a great excursion on the Little Miami River. Owned and operated by two generations of river sport enthusiasts, RiversEdge is a family business. Our goal is to provide you with the ultimate kayak rental and excursion experience for a price you can afford. We are committed to offering you the area's best equipment and facilities, along with excellent service that reflects years of kayak rental experience. RiversEdge kayak rental includes:
- Use of our higher quality kayaks, paddles, and life jackets
- Transportation to starting point at the start of trip, so you can take your time floating back to where your car is parked and not worry about waiting to get picked up after trip
- Free-to-use picnic areas
- Plenty of beautiful scenery on the State and National Scenic Little Miami River and great memories
Making the Most of Your Kayak Rental ExperienceIt is a good idea to get acquainted with kayak safety and best practices before embarking on your kayak rental adventure. RiversEdge equips you for your kayaking experience with the necessary equipment. It is also wise to familiarize yourself with kayaking terminology and potential kayaking hazards such as:
- Current – The flow of the water is referred to as its current. Current can range from calm and slow to fast and turbulent, depending on volume, depth, and channel width.
- Current is directly affected by the rivel level which we monitor ever day using National Water Information System tool provided by the United States Geological Survey (USGS). Learn what river levels can mean for your next adventure by reading out informative blog post: What Do River Levels Mean for Canoe and Kayak Rental.
- Rapids – Rapids result from water flowing over an obstruction, usually formed by boulders below the surface.
- Sweeper – Sweepers are low hanging branches that can sweep a paddler from the boat.
- Strainer – Strainers are underwater obstacles, which can act like a sieve that keeps objects and people from passing through.